Présenté par Blogger.

LDRS Creative : Fly Free

Hello, all!
I'm back with you today for LDRS Creative :-) I have a fun mixed media technique to share with the new Art journaling stamp from Cre8tive Cre8tions called Fly Free!
As soon as I saw the Fly Free stamp set, I knew there were many, many possibilities with those gorgeous feathers.
I first started by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/4"x11" and fold it in two from the top, in order to have a regular A2 cardbase. Then, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4"x5 1/4" for the squishing technique I wanted to try with the new hybrid inks.
The technique is fairly simple; using the ink pad, squish some ink onto a craft surface, and pick up the ink with some packaging or acetate. Then, apply the acetate with the ink at different places onto your white cardstock. If you feel like you cannot play enough with the ink, spray a bit of water to make it more liquid. You do have to work quickly, because we are expanding the properties of the inks ;-) I'd suggest to start from light to dark inks and dry between each layer, so that nothing turns out muddy brown!
On my card, I used Dan-D-lionGrape Ape and Pink Tutu.
Once the background was finished, I stamped various feathers with Raven ink and coloured them with alcohol markers, then fussy cut everything with sharp scissors, leaving a thin white border around the images. Then, I stamped the " Fly Free" sentiment onto black cardstock with the watermark emboss pad and heat with white embossing powder. Once that was done, I simply stacked everything with foam tab on the cardbase, and my project was done!
I hope you liked it and will give this technique a try, too! 
Have a nice day! xxx

Aucun commentaire